16+hr OFA Dec 12th & 13th 2020
December 12, 2020 - December 13, 2020£140.00
Looking to learn some life saving skills? Need to revalidate your Outdoor First Aid before the season really kicks off? Want a course that actually takes place on the hill with a really experienced trainer? then…
If you work or play in the outdoors then this is the course you want. Kelvyn James is the current President of the British Association of International Mountain Leaders, an enhanced skills community First Responder and a Field Trainer for North West Ambulance Service. He’s delivered First Aid courses for nearly a decade and knows that hands on is the best way to learn.
This course meets the requirements of most outdoor NGB’s (MTA, AMI, BAIML, BCU) we offer a £20 discount for members who can quote a valid membership number when booking.
- This course will be in Central Lakeland (venue tbc) but we’ll be somewhere that gives us quick fast access to some wonderful locations. Joining instructions are sent when bookings are confirmed.
- The course runs from 09:00 to roughly 18:00.
- Refreshments (tea, coffee, biscuits – heck maybe even cake…) are provided, participants need to bring their own food and snacks; the venue has basic kitchen.
- The course is a mixture of classroom, practical and outdoor sessions. You’ll need to bring clothes that will keep you warm and dry and that you don’t mind getting dirty. We’ll typically be outside for 4+ hours each day.
- All learning materials are provided but participants should bring their own method of taking notes etc. Photography & recording is by group agreement only.
- Anyone booking a course in these uncertain times is advised to read our Covid Measures blog.
please note places are not allocated until payment is made